Monday 23 July 2012

It's summer 'cos people are swimming in the river

... and I am working indoors at a friend's house... popping into the sunshine every now and then to top up the tan which has been peeling since the bare-armed walks on the windswept south and east coast UK.

Even the French lawn (grass) seems to tell me it has stopped growing and I don't know what to do about the Asiatique frelons at the bottom of the garden, which are probably minding their own business, but how many bees have they eaten today?

I posted important UK letters this evening: one to the UK tax office (well.. I have had to choose one of the three that are dealing with my situation!!!!) as I am trying to clear up the double tax conundrum. At last, they have agreed that the state pension can be taxed in France whilst my teachers' pension gets taxed in UK. They are to reimburse me! Good news!

Another letter to complain about my cottage rental... too boring to tell but suffice to say not up to my standard. I understand I am to receive a refund (yet more good news) but nevertheless I told the company that they would receive a letter for the proprietor!  Slugs on the kitchen floor and work surface was the end!!!!!!!

I thought the new proprietors of La Presse, that is the post office/shop/bar..... had forgotten all about me but they would like me to play for les anciens (who?... they mean the old boys!!!!!!!)  and so we have agreed on Saturday late morning after coffee for the first one and I told them to tell me to stop if it is not liked or it is too loud!  So now I have to practise. It's very much a summer instrument.  My doors / windows are wide open as it is summer and who knows who hears me because the Fort Knox gates shut out les voyeurs!  What am I going to play?   L'accordeon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.