Thursday 30 August 2012

Sturdy Mouse

Next day     Eeeeeeeeeeek!!!!!   

Mus musculus hasn't popped its clogs!!!!!!
The battle continues to be fought!
I declare it is the same mouse and it will have to go clip clippety clop and hop it! 

I'd heard sounds with no sighting, then screamed slightly as it/he/she surprised me earlier than anticipated this evening, as it scampered across the floor.  It scurried to the ledge behind the wall under the sink cupboard which has no door₁. I've removed all the gubbins so I can see where it goes!  Whilst I ws out all day it touched the bait, making several piles of seeds across the floor.  Maybe not to his taste. He would prefer Cheddar!

I have a bucket, a slippery-sloped, wooden runway reaching from the floor to the opening of the bucket, plus a gardener's kneeling pad as a not-so-steep runway, (better to get its claws into), where the humane trap is perched with peanuts inside, ready to topple into the bucket, when the little mouse with clogs on weighs in! The theory is that it will not be able to leap out of the orange B&Q bucket, which I recommend are the best unlidded buckets in the world! 
Footnote ₁     
There now exists a very good reason to instal a modern kitchen sooner rather than later. Cupboards and drawers that cannot be accessed by mice and spiders are a necessity! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.