Tuesday 4 June 2013

Removal day two years ago today

My house did not have a bath, shower or indoor toilet but it did have some heating.  I could go it alone to start a new phase of my life.  I remember sitting on the window sill after the removal chaps had left with the thought "I must do some knitting!"  I still haven't yet made those needles work although on a few occasions I started crochet only to not continue!

Two weeks after moving two years ago,  he, whom I'd considered my best and eternal friend, gave me a digital copy of a photo he took with my camera when we were courting in the Auvergne mountains.  I must find the original in my collection somewhere.

I was determined to climb that mountain whilst recuperating from Fibromyalgia (CFS). It must be 15 years ago ish!!! The found stick which had broken several times helped get a grip on the steep descent. There were places where I had to crawl down backwards!!!! I'm thinking that those last two sentences are descriptive of the last 2 to 7 years but this last month after the accident I am aware of describing life as if I am hauling myself up the mountain again.  Well, I'm a lot more grey but essentially not much different, in body and in mind!  I still have determination to survive the struggle but it's rare I get such muddy knees!

I remember OUR achievement and wonderment at the carpets of wildflowers in the basin of the volcanic bowl.   That mountain had ski chair lifts abandoned in August!

Very fond, positive memories.
Those boots were the comfiest ever.... and I know that top and those shorts are in my summer DIY clothing box. Very frugal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.