Saturday 8 June 2013

Cinema

Ooooh Chatellerault has been showing THE GREAT GATSBY. On Thursday I discovered that Version Originale was being shown that evening....... so I had to re-organise my day, needing not to arrive too early, needing to do diy shopping before 7pm, supermarket shopping before 8pm and then park.  It was quite strange to walk through the town alone at 11pm!

I loved the film.

I don't have television so am excited by visual techniques.

Cinematography knows no bounds! To begin with, it was a bit of a blast, fantastically imaginative, almost Titanic in concept and ambience and after that thought I remembered that DiCaprio was in the film!  Once I'd got over my surprise, oohs and aahs, in order to cope with the visual grandeur I decided to indulge in the Fantasy, forget about the story, and enjoy every single amazing visual, aural thing.  In fact, a couple of times I found myself chuckling aloud!  I was absorbed in the plot and technowizardryscenery, but after the credits there was some really good music to focus on. During the film it was sometimes quite a jolt to hear modern music whilst viewing Roaring Twenties. I was the last in the cinema waiting to see what the music titles were.  I loved the colours, the sets, the debauchery, the decadence, the obscene opulence as well as the morals being portrayed.

Above all there were lessons to remind me of REALITY.
(It's been a whole week of shifting thoughts and emotions! At last, internal change!) 

It's been a long while since I read the novel so at this moment in my life, it was salutary to hear the dialogue that we can't move ahead without letting go of the past, that we can't live LIFE if looking in the rear view mirror! The past can't be recaptured and we must try to learn from it! That resonated!

(My daughter said 3 years ago, "the past is not the future".  It has taken some time to come to terms with the fact that I CAN CONTROL (to a certain extent :) MY FUTURE!)

I think the film captures the illusion and reality that are sometimes present in our daily lives. Things might not be what they seem. One has to look for Truth in the unknown and known. One can have dreams and ambitions but should try to understand that they can't always be achieved. In order to strive to the future and hope for better things, we have to let go. (I've got an attic of stuff to let go!!!!)  Nothing is perfect and if we try too hard we might fall and fail.  Of course money doesn't buy happiness, so be content with what one has without being greedy for materialistic pleasures.  If Love is put on a pedestal then when Love falls will there be anyone to catch Love?
Money Can't Buy Me LOVE.

That sort of thing! 
Yes, a very thought provoking film if you abandon yourself to the experience! IT WAS FUN! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.