Sunday 30 June 2013

English Tea Shop in Angles sur L'Anglin

On the second day of opening Number 15, a Salon de Thé, I sampled green grapefruit tea with an English scone.  Although I make my own there is something very civilised eating one with cream and strawberry jam after a drizzly, morning walk.
With English wallpaper and decor,  a welcoming greeting and a wonderful ambience, the new owners, Nick and Nadia, who, as they say, are on a steep learning curve, provide a little piece of HOME for an expat! or a little English culture for a French resident!
The room is beautifully presented in muted creams and greens with roses in vases on the tables.
The Nina Campbell birdcage wallpaper is a delight as is the pink crockery with tea cups and saucers featuring birdcages.
I wish them every success for the season and hope they may be sometimes open in the Winter!
Postscript:
Cross the bridge to the Low Town and it is on the left! In fact, it has been open for about a month but I have been slow to post!  They serve lunches and beers.
Today I sampled another cream scone AND a chocolate cupcake breaking all my rules as I had been cycling but not far! The sun was shiningly hot. I sat and meditated on how life can be bliss if one does not worry!!!!!!!
I would be delighted to accompany anyone especially if a sturdy walk before or afterwards could be incorporated.  







4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to visit. perhaps you could be persuaded to accompany me there. :o)

    Whereabouts is it?

    I'd love to have a tea shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm here to catch up on your blog again and hope to stay caught up now. You live in such a beautiful place. Just a walk around the village or country roads every day would bring happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to sample it !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great welcome, lovely lunch served in a picturesque setting next to the river. What more do you want on a sunny day. Will be back soon.
    Nich & Julie

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to hear what you think.