Monday 1 July 2013

Wild Country requires Wild Life


                             

This is the tent I bought last year and used recently on the Ile de Ré.  It's an amazing tent, really quick to establish a snugasabug home on sandy soil.  It has an inner and outer tent. You stake out the floor plan then insert the hooped rods, stake the cords and that's it. Of course it needs a little adjustment as the sand shifts. It's lightweight and great for me!  Little old me reckoned there could be space for some Wildlife in a Wild Country tent!! Wishful thinking! My only criticism was that after a few days it seemed to develop a lot of moisture on the inside of the outer tent, even though one was in the shade of the fir trees. However, humidity levels on the island had gone from WET to steamy hot (woops ... ) even though the westerly WIND was strong.  I managed to get a wind tan whilst cycling when the sun shone HOT.  Before that a rain mac and sunglassses were necessary! The light was bright. I long to go back as I felt at home walking on the beach, tide out, tide in. Of course with family roots from Saintonge maybe that is why! Take a wallet as the eating experience is not inexpensive but amazing! Look at the paella!


No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.