Wednesday 24 July 2013

Glow worm

I saw one of these tonight and poked it gently.  It did not move but kept shining its little light on the steps up from the chateau to the High town. I've never seen one this close before!
With thanks to Wikipedia as I did not have my camera with me!!!!!! It is a female Common Glowworm (Lampyris noctiluca.)

On my crepuscular walk, I gained one lettuce, borrowed a DVD about the Magdalennian caves (it won't read on my Mac) discovered information.....heard one lady complaining that it was too hot!!!!!!!!!!!       non non non j'ai dit
I absolutely LOVE THIS weather!!!!!!!!! It is in my Mediterranean blood!

1 comment:

  1. There were glow worms in the grass around the château at LGP last week.
    I love glow worms - they only appear in nice weather so if they are there it's because it's hot.
    It was, truth be told, but only whispering it, just a little too hot for me last week but I didn't complain at all, not even once. It was so much better than the weather we had the previous three holidays which were, on the whole, a wash-out.

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to hear what you think.