Sunday 21 July 2013

Sussex

 


I've walked before several times from Seaford where a cousin lives to Beachy Head along the coast.
Not being able to stay with relations I chose to stay for three nights at the new YHA at Southease.  It was excellent value but one has to share a dorm with 5 others. Ironically the German and French young ladies were more sociable than the Brits, not counting myself of course!
On the first day, a sea mist day, I walked from Southease to almost Beachy Head, then caught a bus as it was raining and without a map walked the dangerous main road from Newhaven to Southease, not thinking sensibly that there was a road to the Southease village.  I was impatient to keep moving so did not want to wait for the train as that seemed the easy way!  In all I walked for 8 hours, getting slower as I went! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.