Sunday 29 June 2014

Le Granit Rose

La belle Bretagne!
Whilst in Bretagne my bucket list dictated that I visit the 'pink granite' rocks. Wow! My cousin and I were bowled over with boulders! Voluptuous creations thrown about by previous volcanic forces, sculpted, shaped and moulded by the sea, salt and winds are piled up high, to balance without shifting. When the light was right, an evening sun created a pink glow... crystals in rocks glistened an orange hue in contrast to lime-green seaweed and grass-green landweed.  The pale blue hues, turquoise and navy of the sea ebbed in and out. Tonal colours captured by the light but not by me!

Tide out
The lifeboat slipway

WELL..........all those gigantic rounded boulders reminded me of Bunbeg and Derrybeg on an Irish shore where boulders decreasing in size descended from land to sea.  I was then in awe with no internet to research why and wherefore.  
Do I yearn to revisit a place where I have not been for 35 years and more?
Do I yearn to explore more of the Côte de Granit Rose?
Yes I do!

2 comments:

  1. And I can see why!
    Every one of those pictures of the rocks has a different set of sculptures....
    I can see faces, animals and mythical creatures....
    I think the dog in the picture after the tower is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After wondering "What dog?" ... and looking, looking, then I saw it!!!!!!!...you DO have An Imagination!

      Delete

It would be lovely to hear what you think.