Monday 23 June 2014

A Missed Opportunity

Some 10 days later, I am still kicking myself that I did not follow the beautiful silver Peugeot coupĂ© cabriolet (I know nothing about cars except this one exuded style!) with its stunning dark-haired, dark-tanned man, who, when he had overtaken me, turned his head many times whilst looking in his mirror, waving almost continuously, in that enthusiastic "hello" manner as opposed to a 'there is something wrong' mannerism.  I happily waved back several times ... 'cos oh... he was sooooooo.... nice!  I was amused that at my age, whilst driving along happily minding my own business,  that a man could be so definitely attracted to me and attractive! ... but then we came to a roundabout junction!  He was in the left lane and I was in the right (French roundabout!) as we slowed. Then he indicated left and I indicated right, braking a little so as not to be alongside him. I considered following him but had not the courage!  We were now waving Adieu ... oh foolish woman ... I am sure he was a little younger than me but we saw enough to realise 'a chemistry and connection'.  I am sure he clocked my age and my 13 year old Clio!
I was disappointed for a long time on my journey across rural France to Bretagne.  I think we were at Chateau-Gontier. I was heading for Laval! The fantasy of what could have happened if he had followed me or if I had followed him still lingers on!  It wasn't a hoax.  One could tell!  It is another example of when I should trust my intuition but when driving, an instant decision has to be made! The path was taken - the opportunity missed! Hey ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.