Tuesday 2 June 2015

Not a Show Garden View 4

Paul's Himalayan Musk - this virulent rambler should not be on this pergola I now realise... its scented fairy roses are looking white in the photos but are pink. In a few weeks the blooms will be over. There is a clematis struggling too. The Boxwood border behind the pergola surrounds what was once a herb garden overtaken by Sage.



This is what I call my Aunty Ivy lily...she had lots by her garden and I took a root... and I keep taking a root from wherever it gets established for the next garden ... and so she lives on in my memory.
 A lone rogue poppy seeded itself near the house by the wild spring bulbs sector.

And the Potager  - there are now four quarters and it has taken four years to dig out the sections... and I still have planted half as potatoes! Next year, only one quarter Madame! But it does need manuring!
That pile at the back will go once the tree and wall are attended to and then I think I shall build a proper composting area... and a place to grow courgettes and pumpkins... a wilderness...

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.