Friday 12 June 2015

Return of the intrepid itinerant worker traveller

He arrived whilst I was playing Chopin Nocturnes on the out-of-tune piano at Poitiers Gare.
There he was wondering if it was me! Nothing said but I asked him to take a photo or two.
Over forty hours travelling all the way from an island of Malaysia to Paris and then Poitiers.  Naturally anyone of any age would be tired.  He was back in Europe. Back in France. Un verre de vin rouge was imperative in the bar across the road where he remembered cacahuetes... and so.. tales unfolded as stories began, some of which I had read about as we have kept in email correspondence for the year... and for the five years in which we have been separated from being a couple! Nothing like the telling of a tale c.f. reading a story Jackanory!
The full moon was in full bloom.  A larger orange dot than turbines on a horizon.
I had been away for a couple of days, so the next day, there was shopping and affairs to see to.  Even though it was a so-called rest day for him, once washing was sorted, (less than 10kg of belongings on his back), he wanted to start planning the kitchen.  It was his choice, although I'd said, "Take a break".  With pencil, paper, ruler, he sat down and asked me this and that about THE KITCHEN PLAN... and the LAUNDRY ROOM PLAN...
I began to wonder if he has possibly underestimated how long the process and project will take!  Our ideas are miles apart!  Adrenalin was riding. I am glad he has arrived to force action over the difficult task of changing the kitchen!
He is keen to be in Europe for the weather, the summer weather, and the implications of this are not lost on me.  He is keen to continue travelling and that of course is also not lost on me. Everything is clear without further enquiry or explanation. We are very good friends and have surpassed many challenges!   I am sure everything will be perfectly ok!   Hope is everything!


No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.