Thursday 1 May 2014

Lily of the Valley



May 1st ... Labour Day.... to celebrate workers...
MUGUET.... Lily of the Valley is the symbol and this year it was neither early or late but in bloom on the day in my courtyard pots.

I continue my work ... into the 5th year of owning a French house... Believe me, it is NOT the same as owning ENGLISH property...
Many people in UK know that one should not spend more on a property than the value of the property... and some people / properties do get into negative equity.... yet, in France... unless one can do all the work to a quality standard oneself and not necessarily have UK ideals...one loses an arm and a leg for idealism........and one can quickly become in negative equity or not depending also on currency exchange.

I love the fact that my house requires WORK but it's a slog and much better when I share motivation from someone who can help me!
You see, I chose to stay because I love the space and sense of freedom as well as a reasonable sense of privacy from neighbours that this house gives me ... as well as those circular walks or cycle rides when I see no one for one or two or more hours!!!
I love my house for the space I exist in, though recognize there is more space to accumulate ... and THAT has to be resolved.

Imagine the freedom of being able to play piano at any o'clock!
Imagine the freedom of being able to play rock music / classical music LOUD full volume!!!
Imagine the peace and stillness with hardly any intrusive noise from BIG WIDE WORLD traffic or otherwise.  Nothing awakes me... not even the alarm clock at the moment because I am so shattered!
When the shutters are open I see the light! Haha!
AND SO... those are some of the reasons why I have remained in France despite adversity of a loss of a loving companionship as well as living in isolation!!!
BUT. there is Hope for Clarity and increasing happiness on the horizon. I have friends, young and old, and I have fun! I have started to take responsibility for myself and do not feel abandoned by even me and I don't accept any one blaming me and rejecting me ... for they need to look at their inner self.
I can laugh again! I am grown up! If I need to play and enjoy life then I can! If I need to WORK in my house and garden I can!

Have got to play a new record in 2014... create new stories...let go of the past...creating something from it!  Work towards wherever I might be in 5 years time!

1 comment:

  1. Reading the previous post....
    there is only one record for you in 2014...
    LynrdSkynrd....
    FREEBIRD!

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to hear what you think.