Friday 21 November 2014

Beau Jolie Jour

These are some posters I acquired at a fine lunch at Chez Fred in Chatellerault.  C'était trés franchouillard!
I bought six bottles of  Pierre Chevaut Beaujolais (3.50e each) at Auchan...well, how can one resist?  In the evening, at The English Tea Shop, there was imbibement with an interesting social mix of French and English.  I was amused to think that it appeared that the only establishment/commerce in this village celebrating the nouveau vin rouge,  (not at all vinaigré), was English-owned, ever enterprising, never wishing to miss business opportunity), with French counterparts who were glad to
be in international chaleur.   Only in France! ... and a what a wonderful evening it was!
At first I sat alone. Then François arrived with a friend, so we chatted.  English people arrived so we chatted, hence my glass was refilled twice or thrice, when I had thought one would do!
Evidently, Swansea has a local feast day for Beaujolais Nouveau and I read that the wine is on the up in London etc...  Nice to be at the cutting edge! sipping edge! 
I have always enjoyed a nice Beaujolais, a gamay wine. Fleurie is a favourite!
Aujoux is, I believe, a family name of cellars!
and maybe this is worth studying   ...
http://www.lepoint.fr/vin/le-nouveau-beaujolais-est-arrive-19-11-2014-1882525_581.php

1 comment:

It would be lovely to hear what you think.