Sunday 9 November 2014

Fire Salamander

I had to research the name of the animal whose leg was squashed on the road yesterday morning.  Black with yellow spots...  I have seen live ones in France but not for a while.  This was either the remains of roadkill or animal kill or dropped by a bird of prey and flattened by vehicles!  I didn't take a pic of the remains!
http://kids.sandiegozoo.org/animals/amphibians/fire-salamand
http://www.iucnredlist.org/details/59467/0
11h
POSTSCRIPT:
Lest We Not Forget - as we move through and past 100 years of relative peace in humankind when human nature strives to love and care, 'midst oft times struggle against others, in order for survival.  So many people suffered such terrible torture. It is an understatement.
In humility, I bow my head for them, for all those who died. 
Listening to the Remembrance Service there are so many tunes I remember from childhood and concerts at Kneller Hall, Royal Military School of Music and also from playing church music for over 23 years.
When I am laid in earth reminds me of so many moments in my past life....
but also of my grandfather who fought in the WWI and lived to the age of 76 on part of a lung, his remaining lung and the other collapsed with shrapnel.  His oxygen bottles were always by his chair.
Also I sang this whilst at college when with the drama students we performed Purcell's opera "Dido and Aeneas".


No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.