Thursday 13 November 2014

Food, Glorious Food


Purée of I can't remember
There was a 'citrouille' (pumpkin) soup... the French call it 'marmite',  but I forgot to take a photo!
There was another purée of something garnished with garlic sprouts... I forgot to take a photo
I can't quite remember the order that they came in!
Hey, look at this little fella!
Entrée: American Crayfish with crayfish and ravioli of foie gras
I ate it all!
Cherry Kirsch on ice to clean the palate
Main course: Goulash of Stag - the meat and sauce was delicious, served with fig, swede, carrot, potato, tomato, a toast of oeufs de lompe, and a sprig of watercress.

There was a selection of cheeses from which I chose very local goats cheeses.  My new mission is to deliberately prefer 'cru' cheese rather than pasteurised.  I try not to eat any bread.  I had to ask for a spoon for the stag sauce!
The Buzet coated the inside of the glass!
Warm, fresh pineapple, caramel salted ice creamlangue de chat.
Fronsac 1999 and Buzet 1995

Le Capucin - Tournon St Martin
Soup and gruel follow during the next weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.