Thursday 8 October 2015

A fishy plaque

This large fishy one is about 30cm in length made with white clay, influenced by a design in  museum in Bretagne, heavily modified! I realise now I had been mark making in clay. I think I would like to return to those regular fortnightly two hour meditational sessions where I could choose to model what I wished.
I gave this to my son and his wife. It was about two years late in the giving because of family currents being all at sea!
I rather like it.  I hope they will attach it to driftwood and hang inside their liveaboard tug!

13 October 2015: Postcript to comment received below: 
This fishy dishy was approximately six hours labour plus the intervention and support of my pottery tutor .. she is French. Lessons were approximately I think ten euros per hour.. (my memory is poor!) supposedly a group session but sometimes it was only me!  PLUS there was the time for first firing then the second firing in the kiln. I know nothing about kilns!  I didn't have to pay for clay or glaze.
Having all of those would be too expensive for me.
After going to LPP for L'Art et Lard I felt a surge of desire to return either to her or a different potter. There is an English guy nearby but it's nice to do these things in French! I live in France so should be speaking in French!!! Can't help who I am though! An English National!
There's a guy going to do printing lessons too! I asked him to let me know when he has set it up! He is also English!
At the art exhibition, I almost succumbed to purchasing a beautiful FUSCHIA photo in a shiny format... I do love that colour!   I also nearly succumbed to purchasing a blue pottery vase and a beautiful pottery bowl a painting of a nasturtium and a glass bottle windchime or even the one that just swung with the wind.. as life does!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. That is certainly good enough to have a place at "Art and Pig Fat"....
    There must be a pottery "class" you can go to...
    or talk to one of our number-ouws local potters and see if you can get some kiln space...
    then get some clay and some glazes...
    and work away.

    I would have suggested Raku...
    but, as you live IN town....
    your neighbours probably wouldn't appreciate regular smokey firings!!

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to hear what you think.