Tuesday 13 October 2015

Water Boiler Saga

Just to update this and as a point of reference for the future ....
and to the past my blog post.... 
I am not seeking attention but am explaining what can happen in France if an artisan appears not to have installed something properly according to a manufacturer's requirements.

I have PROTECTION JURIDIQUE insurance alongside my French mortgage with my French bank... whose name shall currently remain nameless.  I was wise to take it out. I was afraid of neighbourly disputes at the time!!!!!! I didn't have any but Miss Cautious Cancerian Clara inside me thought I should protect myself just in case!!!!!!
I contacted Protection Juridique two weeks ago. Whilst I was on one telephone line the nice lady spoke on a different telephone line to the installer (PERSON CC) of my expensive chauffeau thermodynamique.  He said he had not forgotten about me.  Hahaha ... how can someone ignore my calls, letters to his house, emails for a year? Doesn't that even indicate just a tad that he might feel guilty!???

He was asked to organise a meeting at my house with himself and the fabricant / manufacturer for a diagnosis of the problem.  I know what the two problems are because a different company diagnosed this in August!  Person CC was given until 9 October to contact me and has NOT done so!!!!!!!!

Today Madame (PERSON PJ), says she will email an independent technician (a representative in French) (PERSON IT) for the two of them to be here!!!!!!! I am supposed to wait three weeks for this LEGALLY.  I asked for special dispensation because I have already waited two weeks and this is URGENT for me as have had no hot water since mid August and I have guests arriving in two weeks time at least.  I don't think my daughter and grand daughter will come at all in the next two weeks when it will be half term holiday. Maybe just as well!
Whether or not PERSON S and PERSON B have to be here or will be here or not I don't know. They are from central heating / electrician / plumber companies who came here in July 30th and in mid August and one of whom I saw two weeks ago because PERSON B was supposed to have written estimates for me at the start of September and it took me to visit HIM for HIM to do it. I shall refrain from further judgement or comment except that he was told NOT to laugh at me when he sniggered on the telephone!!!!!!!!!
 I am unable to get any electrician here to give me an estimate for a completely new system. SO HAVE TO WAIT.
I think it is unacceptable, but I cannot do anything about the system that is designed to mediate in legal disputes.
I think Madame PERSON PJ is doing her best!
Any suggestions?


No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.