Tuesday 20 October 2015

Oh dear!

It was very annoying to be unable to uncork an extremely dry cork from the last of the 2009 Chateau Tour Bigorre Bordeaux red, bought at Auchan at the start of September.  An excellent wine winning a 2010 silver medal and at around 3 e per bottle was delicious and a quality wine in my opinion. Most of the twelve bottles were distributed as gifts in UK on my travels. Most were opened and the corks were not dry.  However, this one was so crumbly that it had to be pushed in.  As I did so, I was blinded!  Cursing the situation, I felt my way to the bathroom to douche / douse my eyes in clean, cold water. (No hot water in the taps!)  THEN, I was annoyed to see wine on the floor.  I was wearing a black outdoor fleece jacket to keep warm in my house and that, smelling of wine, would have to be cleaned.  Another horror in daylight was to see red stains on the living room wall. The piano and freezer cleaned ok as they are shiny!  How could so little make such a mess?  ggggrrrrbigorrreeeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.