Friday 2 October 2015

Art Course Posting Two

Some of my efforts:
Sarah Campbell listening and making her design into a lampshade...

Sarah does rhythm in pattern making with marks on textile as well as painting negative space and then filling with pattern marks.... It has taken me a while to understand her method! One could not emulate her style! She paints the negative space then makes printing marks and brush or foam painting parks.
Her brushes:

On the right are my bird paintings on paper which transformed when I copied them onto calico with fabric dye.  Everything acts differently, the paints, the brushes, the paper, the textile...and so new designs occur!
After that I tried two more calico paintings with making marks.

1 comment:

  1. Love the birds!!
    You'll be raiding all the art shops around for materials!!!

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to hear what you think.