Wednesday 21 October 2015

Diary entry

I'm not working hard enough. I am not getting up early enough.  Despite the alarm at 7h 30 I wake up up about nine!!

Sunday: I rested a lot as my wrist is painful.  Made myself do a half hour walk and a 1 1/2 hour walk.
In the evening I sat in the courtyard until about 8pm with a gin and tonic trying to THINK and PLAN.  Time is slipping by. Fortunately, I am a bit less worried about family.   It seems to have immobilised me but I am starting to take the "dynamisme" supplements again!

Monday: I managed to do domestic cleaning! Vaccing. Wet wiping floors, skirting boards, furniture, vowing to vac the ceilings another day. As I toiled I moved furniture around and bits and bobs, returning things to their homes!  That took me five hours with a coffee and lunch break, after which my friend and her three children aged almost 6 and 41/2 made small heads with clay.  She was inspired by the 'heads in the wall' and 'little people' from the walk at which I performed.  I really ought to return to pottery sessions.  So relaxing and therapeutic.  There is more clay left and so in two weeks time we'll have another session with the little ones. My friend and I like doing art with the kiddies.  There was quite a bit to clear up... very chocolatey clay! The children had excellent concentration skills and were good to keep to the washing facilities I engineered with buckets of water graded so as to keep the dirtiest dirty and the cleanest for the final wash!
It has been cold in the mornings and warmer in the afternoon.. so woodburner on to combat the chill!

Tuesday, an even later start because I while away time on the computer. This is a very bad habit when I know I should go for a walk.
Quel horreur I discovered the freezer wasn't ON... It must have flipped connection when I pushed it back towards the wall in the living room.
So I was forced to chop a lot of onions and garlic, put the 1.650kg of beef mixed with red beans into the slow cooker and the 1kg of shoulder of mutton sliced with the bones through it into a pan slow cooking on the camping gas hob.   No apricots or prunes in the cupboard to make a tagine!!!   I hope the fish, the chicken liver pate and not much else will be OK, as I am re freezing it!
After clearing the cooking mess, I decided that I must weed the gravelled area in the back garden. then I tackled the pruning of the 'angel's trumpets and cleared the huge dead branches from the lilac bush. I am trying to clear the dead wood and cut the vast wands to lower so that new shoots will push through. Might not get any lilac flowers next year.   I like CONTROL in the garden. So much vegetation now needs to be taken to the dechetterie. The trailer is full. I think the rest could make a bonfire!

 Wednesday.... I ran out of steam to write further....

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.