Wednesday 7 December 2011

Recommencing Renovation in September 2010


From September 2010 we recommenced tranquility and renovation work. We began to make three rooms habitable. It was no easy feat!
Blogging
My energy and enthusiasm  was zero for blogsite postings for a new website with blog that my friend had created. At that time this blogsite had not been envisaged.  It has taken me over a year to have a creative mind to out order into my writings and the events of my life.
Exhaustion
Increasingly I found it difficult to wake early. Despite being exhausted and with cold weather approaching, my friend was motivating and a disciplined driving force waking me up, getting me out of his house to work at my house.  At weekends we collapsed with fatigue.  His expertise as a builder converted the rough and horrid to the smooth and beautiful and he gave me training in the use of power tools.  I have a great deal to be thankful for. I cried so much every day. I wanted to give up. But I couldn’t.
Research
Architectural plans had to be made and acceptance gained from the Maire, and research had to be made into double-glazed units, flooring and sub flooring, woodburners, water heaters, doors,
Double Glazed Units
The estimates for creating 19 double glazed units for the doors / windows was unbelievably unaffordable so we researched the costs of phonic and thermal glass. In October 2010 the units arrived from UK but my friend only had time to repair the doors and windows of the two smallest rooms. They were in a very bad way. Worked stopped in May 2011 and when we recommenced renovation in November 2011 we’ve had to focus on the bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.