Friday 30 December 2011

Today's Choice


Reasons to be Cheerful Part 3 buy Ian Dury and the Blockheads 1980

WARNING for sensitive souls: There are expletives in the lyrics.

It's becoming a delight to find the songs and music of words that come into my head when I talk/ write to myself or others.  This one, for me, is about being happy with who we are and not striving for perfection. It's very appropriate for me and maybe many people.  Ian had an untimely death from cancer of the colon.  A loss.  Read more here.  I'm doing my best to find happiness in music so that I don't get dragged down. GOT TO MUCH TO DO!  I like the ending of this video - makes me laugh! 

1 comment:

  1. Reasons To Be Cheerful, one.. two.. three.
    Genius.
    Expletives in the lyrics, well of course- they were a punk band after all
    You should try 'Spasticus Autisticus', that upset a few idiots. Ever notice that Ian Dury walked with a stick?

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to hear what you think.