Saturday 10 December 2011

Backtrack - May to July 2010


Between May and  July 2010  although I was energised by the owning of a property, evidently demonstrating vim, vigour and enthusiasm for renovating and wallpaper stripping, sanding down woodwork, clearing out junk, digging and filling trenches, rubbing down large beams, baking bread on a building site, helping to organise what might have been the start of a Midsummer ritual in my garden, after 7 weeks of what could be perceived as almost a kind of trauma about what I had done in buying my house, I decided to have a break and Do Something Different. So at the end of June and the beginning of July I decided to visit family and friends instead of or in addition to the months of March and November. Reflection and Meditation were necessary.
It was gloriously wonderful weather in England. Sunny days with privet blossom, scabious flowers and poppies by the wayside, cereals growing golden in their English gated fields surrounded by English oak trees and hedgerows. Yet though the beauty in the East Anglian fields was very marvellous I missed the French stone walls and lanes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.