Tuesday 6 December 2011

Start of Mammoth Update - Bonfire and Wood

So ... starting today I will attempt to update the year 2010, but naturally events flow into July 2011.

Photographs will be added as and when I can.

 
Bonfires and Wood
This might sound strange but it was a difficult and time consuming task. On 01-10-2010 I cleared the two unsightly mountains of waste wood and garden matter in the middle of my garden. Stuff from garden clearance and stuff inherited in the house! I'd previously sorted it into wood to be saved and wood to be burnt.  However, I should not have tried to burn melamine-clad chipboard as it smells very badly and does not burn!  I sifted the unburnt straw matter from stone matter, picking out the bones and skulls of pre-deceased critters of chickens, meatbones (a dog had lived here!), scallop, oyster and mussel shells long removed from the sea.  The trailer was eventually loaded and upended into the recycling container at the dechetterie. I need not have separated it as it was a dirty task but it was therapeutic, getting me in touch with Mother Earth, sieving enough soil to contribute to an almost stone free place for seedlings and scattering sieved soil into the holes of the lawn. Madness. The waste wood was all saved to saw into kindling wood.  It is still a task to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.