Friday 22 March 2013

A new bakery

Je monte et je descend les rues, the lanes, of my village to discover the news. Birds sing their evening songs.. still light at gone past seven, and the aroma of wallflowers, winter jasmine, blossom on trees and shrubs whose names I forget, fragrant the air..... Ah, it is the Spring. I note the warmer weather. I clip-clop in my heeled boots as an experiment for my feet, which have had problems. Locals are in good humour.  I observe a building shelved up with wood pushing against it and braced against the building about 2 metres opposite to stop it falling further!!  Quel horreur !!  I've been watching that building for some while, always pleased that I didn't buy the house next to it.

We have a new boulangerie. A very nice woman who has come from the Vicq bakery which I know has been proclaimed. I was brave and went in although I had no money with me. I explained how pleased I was to see the bakery open and also explained that I often bake my own bread because I like 100% wholemeal bread. She showed me that she has complét too. Good oh because sometimes I like to buy bread if it is GOOD bread, therefore GOOD for my system! And of course fresh croissants, a greater range of bread, little cakes and tarts. It was her first day open! They are locataire, meaning that they rent the premises.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.