Monday 4 March 2013

Les grues cendres - Cranes

It had been a poor weekend .. perhaps it was the backlash of returning from UK, or fighting off illness, or I was tired, but the unmistakeable symptoms of Fibromylagia (M.E.) returned to make me sleep and eat erratically, drink tons of tea and water, shuffle about on leaden legs, and generally be unable to think or do very much.  Imagine though at almost midday, when I had opened up the doors to let in the warmth of Spring sunshine, I heard cries of birds.  I dashed into the courtyard, then the street, to see V formations of cranes flying towards the north east ... excitedly and joyfully I clapped my hands in glee ...Spring has arrived.  Maybe the cold nights and mornings have not ended, but certainly Winter has been banished. I have no idea how many, being poor at estimating I would say about 300. It's the most I've ever witnessed. At 6pm it was 14C outside in the courtyard. I even managed to sit in the sunshine, wrapped in a blanket during the afternoon and fell asleep with a book in hand!  I reflected that this is what my favourite aunt used to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.