Saturday 2 March 2013

February

No posts in February as
a) I lost inspiration, motivation and the will to live after making 5 preserve pans of marmalade creating apx 55 jars, some laced with Armagnac, some with ginger, some with cinnamon,, when my blog posting disappeared, as my laptop glitched.
b) I had just under 3 weeks in England. There were:
Attractive accents to listen to;  long visits in The Apple Store to correct my computer at no cost.
Brick Lane without a market
Cinema City lunch divine
Daughterly delights
Endless experiences
Fascinating faces and friends
Grand-daughter activities of swimming and gymnastics then she was unwell
Hubbub
Interesting ideas
Jamie Oliver restaurant as a birthday treat for daughter.  Nice, but I wouldn't go again.
Keeping calm
'Les Miserables' film and a visit to London
Merlot at The Royal Exchange
Norwich Arcade
Osteopath excruciation - a temporary fix
Plane, Coach and Bus travel takes time yet it's a way from A to B without the car
Quiet frustrations when agreed intentions were not fulfilled and out of my control
Rain-drenched citywalk to look at buildings with my grand daughter's class.  I couldn't quite see the point of this school activity for rising 5 year olds!
Southwold pier with a glimpse of heaven. Son at Spitalfields market
Travelling is tiring but a treat
Udon noodles at Wagamama
Visibly happy in Cathedral Close
Walking along Aldgate and cities, coffee at Waterstones, yet I missed a long walk by the coast
Xcessive amount of food consumed
Y I had WHY questions in my head
Zzzzzzzzzz in an expensive London hotel but at a very reduced rate with thanks to laterooms.com
Norwich Arcade
Brick Lane Truman architecture
Spitalfields symbolism

Reproducing Aldgate in the eye of The Shard

According to a plaque, this structure “Palace on Pillars” was created by STUDIO WEAVE and inspired by two poems¹ from Chaucer, who lived in Aldgate 1774 to 1386. It denotes the start of High Street 2012 and the route to the Olympics at Stratford.  Interestingly to me: it’s like “Baba Yaga’s chicken hut” one of the pieces from “Pictures at an Exhibition” by Mussorgsky: The house of Fame and The parliament of Fowls
Material contrast

Relaxing in The Royal Exchange where I sipped a mellifluous Merlot.

1 comment:

It would be lovely to hear what you think.