Saturday 23 March 2013

Basic needs

Yesterday morning was focused on a visit to the dentist.  I was happy not to need any treatment other than a clean (29euros) and that only hurt just a wee tad!   I do wish he'd give me better clothing protection as water seemed to spurt everywhere from the cleaning machine and my jumper got wet!  It was also a good idea that he gave me a small mirror afterwards to show me how whitened was the little tooth that I was concerned about being stained because of old age!!!!!* Like a child who'd been licking icing sugar from a plate, I had white powder around my mouth. **  I was impressed too because I experienced a panoramic xray of my mouth (21euros) which demonstrated that the hidden parts of my teeth were in excellent health. 

* just think how long those little enamelled items have had to chomp through three square meals a day for x years, with roots still holding strong, even though gums are receding!!!!!!!

** my mother used to do the most hideous thing of pulling from her pocket a hanky (short for handkerchief) but not a nice new, clean, ironed and folded one.... OH NO!!!!  If we children had dirty mouths, I would quake in my shoes as her Peter pointy finger would be wrapped into the hanky and then my mother would lick the hanky and wipe her saliva around our mouths!!!!!!!! YUK!!! I still to this day can conjure up the smell and the taste but it is best not to do that!!!! I NEVER EVER DID THAT to my children and was horrified recently to see me daughter do it to my only granddaughter.. Quel horreur is what I said!!!!!!!

In the afternoon, it was time for a shampoo and cut. Sandrine is excellent as we share conversation in English and French.  I learn to to correct my grammar! She remembers her vocabulary! To step out and  feel like a new woman was my treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.