Friday 31 January 2014

Busy Village Activity

It's a glorious day and it feels wonderful to be alive and walk up La Cueille without a pause or even to gather breath!!!! Yipppeeeee!
There was a fire-engine, an ambulance and a police car at La rue d'Église.
I worried that the incident might be for an elderly infirm couple who live in the most photographed house in my village.
I was not UP and ABOUT early enough to see the full mist above the river.  There has been pollarding of poplars ? , near the chateau and at least two "elms / poplars"?  are being felled at the water's edge. 
Last night I did a dusky evening walk and vowed to go this morning.
Up my lane, in my courtyard, one would never know what goes on in the gardens of the high and low towns. There is always something...and the railings on the bridge have still not been repaired!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.