Sunday 26 January 2014

Moved by a Movie

Whilst watching again the movie I realised that I'd moved from reading the Beat,  Kerouac and his travels across Amereeeeeeeecar... to watching hippie travels across Southern USA! The music tracks were great for the era! Memories...  BUT...
I had forgotten the tragic ending so it was not such a good thing for mild depression that had developed yesterday despite trying to sleep it off.  I made myself work in garden sunshine for I couldn't face a walk.  I LOVE to get my hands earthy!  It's rewarding to weed and rake out spent growth from last year.. make way for new.
There hasn't been a "down"day like that since November.  I think it came about from an accumulation of knowing that there is a roofing mystery,  going out the night before but being unable to communicate to anyone about the brilliant pianist, difficulties over two days getting the woodburner to FIRE UP, then "THINGS including medical matters" that had been built in my mind over the last week ... and the approach of February.

I have a large poster of Fonda on his famous chopper! It's waiting to be mounted (on hardboard).

I LOVE to go to the cinema but have never been often enough, where I am absorbed into drama, screen and sound.  I find it hard to concentrate on small screens; have never been a fan of television. Yesterday, was a time to escape into a different world.  Easy Rider.  Every ten or fifteen minutes I would press PAUSE to play the piano - Chopin Nocturnes ... with Passion ... for Romance that existed in Chopin's mind for love and unrequited love... One can hear and feel such beauty in the small trills, melodies, counter melodies, changes of rhythm and pattern, nuances of emotion... Then I return to the fireside and watch a little more... and backtrack if I want to!

At the end of the evening, the house felt kind, calm, peaceful, content... 'IT' had passed and I knew that tomorrow would be a better day for the soul! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.