Sunday 10 May 2015

Just before Easter 2

For clever ones who have noticed, (and how would you if you don't know me?) I have gone backwards in time ... and now this is the end of the April catch up!  Life can continue.  Postings won't have to be retrograde.
We stayed too far north of the island of Ré for day returns to the two nights house rental for refreshments. The kitchen was upstairs but we did not venture forth into the balcony which was integral to the main house. Neat idea to remove the roof tiles but blinds don't cost the earth! I was a bit worried about the floor, beneath which was the ceiling of the front living room where the single bed was.
It got sorted but was very annoying to arrive late to find there was no bedlinen! Greeting lady dashed off to get some. Owner lived in Paris.  As I had signed no contract the linen fee was waived. I gather this is standard for this level of holiday place. So I shall be on the watch next time, as cost plus linen equalled nice hotel room pre-season.

With the tide out we wandered on a nature walk.
For afternoon tea we had an expensive though sumptuously presented gourmet delight on a plate!
Green loo rolls can be found at IKEA!
 We were leaving the island, heading home when the Giant Spider spotted us! I expect it had been a youth project.  We weren't scared!

I have had wonderful fun with my family out and about... 
the only stress seemed to be when we were back indoors... so we are each working on that!
I had a lovely restful time with friends and family in England and although I am pleased to be back safe and sound in my very own French home I miss them all enormously, as well as the ones I did not arrange to meet.  I miss nattering and being part of their lives!
The world is a busy place. I don't understand any of it or myself but what does that matter!
It's important to have fun however we make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.