Saturday 13 April 2013

Hurrah for the nightingale(s)

.... which was / were singing in the rural countryside beyond my garden tonight, at 7pm ish,  after I had finished mowing the lawn... It was my first hearing this year of the unforgettable song, that as one listens, one is immediately in heartfelt bliss. Swallows were flying and blackbird sang its song. My lawn smelt delicious. I'd cropped the clover which had failed to be killed by the nitrogenous weed'nfeed, as rain fell after I'd laboriously sprinkled the liquid on rampant clover a few days ago!
I'd intended to sit in my large garden but as night fell it became too cold.  I cooked my evening meal after lighting the woodburner, which for some reason decided to fill my Grand Salon with smoke. It was still warmer in the courtyard than indoors, so, with all the door windows (or are they window doors) open, I indulged in a simple meal with just a little more than a glass of Fitou and espied two fat bats above me as dusk fell.  SPRING has come; never mind the fouine which is what I think I hear in my attic.   Evidently, I can't kill what is a protected species and must purchase a trap at more than 80 euros. The trap is huge.  I would never get it beneath the floorboards of the attic!   No, if I hear it again, I will have to go up into the attic, stomp above the metre gap between my bedroom ceiling and attic floor and play music at whatever hour it is.  They do not like noise and nor do I when I'm trying to sleep!  Thankfully I think the neighbour will not hear me unless they are in the garden!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.