Tuesday 30 April 2013

A new beginning, an old end and continuation

THREE YEARS: On 30th April 2010 I signed lots of papers to become a French property owner, losing a lottadosh on the sterling to euro exchange which was heartbreaking but it was done. Did it really matter? It was the start of exciting times, dashed a little later! It was the end of acute anxiety and the beginning of more, but worse, much worse! It was my body telling me that something was not well! At times I thought I was about to have a heart attack! Much has happened. I'm not sure what level of progress I wished to make but there was a theory it would take a summer!!! HOHOHO! What a romantic thought that was wearing rose-tinted spectacles! I've grown emotionally, learned a few lessons, yet still have much to grow fruitfully, before it is my solitary end. Not always sufficiently mindful, I lose my way, needing to stop and start again. Roses and Fire. There have been some wonderfully warm and rosy moments; stunning food, experiences, finding solutions to diy problems, achieving projects. Also many a flame destroyed as well as cleansed.  BUT all shall be well. HOPE is what may lead to bliss, when struggles have been an endurance.  I have been lucky and I am lucky to have two small to moderate pensions, a roof over my head, a very good friend and basic needs with no absolute natural or otherwise disasters, thanks be to God. I am surviving. Onwards to continue what has been started but with French stone house renovation there is never an end!  

Yesterday's poem is linked with how I feel. My son had to study Little Gidding for GCSE or A level!! I know I'm more mature because I can begin to understand some of it now, but as a parent nurturing one's offspring to study, it was beyond me without computer advice!

I'm trying to find photos of how the house was at the beginning. Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.