Thursday 26 March 2020

Day 10: Lockdown in France

Counting from the Second Speech of M. Macron.

Gosh... Time has flown and this is now mid afternoon - 16h.

This morning a planned scheduled call with my Italian friend as we haven't spoken since November lasted an hour, then two friends facetimed and called and then an older lady who I have not seen for a while checked that I have people to help me do the shopping etc whilst I am isolated. How really kind!
So I made a note of her telephone number.  Currently I am self sufficient and if I need to go out I will.

The woodburner has gone out so I think some fresh air in the very cold outdoor air is required!

90 minutes later:   The rambling prickly David Austen roses on the wall are cut back hard so they are not overhanging by 1 metre or more and  catching on the wasking on the line nor in my face.
Sadly, I have cut back the self seeded Hollyhocks ... left about three.
Plenty of cuttings and more for the bonfire in the oil drum which I tried to light as it is full but NOPE.. it still will not catch!

17h30.  I shall take a walk to the bottle bank before I empty more wine bottles in need of keeping spirits up... and indeed I did and jogged back 400m.. Not bad!

It is very nice to know I have been remembered today, even if others also have a need to speak and be cared for.
Late at night for me...ok only 9h30 but i was cold and ready for bed....
another surprising call from a nomadic soul!!!!!!!! So we spoke for an hour... herm???????







No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.