Saturday 21 March 2020

SPRING: Day 5: Lockdown in France

Saturday... I was up late...

I have not dreamed for more than two years. Recently, faces that I don't know I came and went for nanoseconds but no dreams. THEN, this morning I had a dream with moving images.
This is surprising because in 2017 I realised it was unusual, when I told someone i had no moving or still images, colours, patterns in my mind.

I wanted to remember the imagery so I wrote to a friend:

I awoke at 10h30 from a dream about death:  
Climbing high rugged natural rock formation vestiges from ancient Moroccan style, we arrived at a cleaned room-like cell - the reverse of an underground chamber. We were waiting for a person to bring the coffin. Eventually, the person spoken about who had never been there before, arrives with a tiny coffin, carried under her arm.  I say aloud "mine will be even smaller".  We followed. She placed it into the tomb. The coffin or the grave headstones had skull and crossbones 'plague' image on it . That's because I'd watched a video about this the night before! Then we had to descend. Like falling vertically from The Alhambra Citadel we had to drop to the ground from this high place, as we were in a kind of cathedral. 
I could see others stand, step forward, fall, hear the sound of hitting the floor,  but they seemed to survive!. I asked how and why they could walk away.   I was told I could do it if I stopped crying. I stopped, stood, stepped forwards into the empty space and fell slowly, slowly, slowly, skimming the side of the wall with the back of my vertical body - the floor was soft!  There was a stall selling death talismans. I looked but wandered off  to the front of the  cathedral, looked back to whence I had been.........................

That was an incredible in my mind
a) to have  a dream after such long years of dream famine.
b) not so strange given the numbers of deaths and my fear for others than myself for death from Coronavirus 19.
I think I am in safe confinement here!  Meanwhile, the future personal immune system may not be immune, as we are not building immunity against infection.

I filled in my ATTESTATION form deciding to visit the village boulangerie and asked if she could order bread for me.  I needed 'pain au noix, seigle, chataignier, nordique, épautre.' .. 
I ordered two rye.  She agreed the complét is too aggressive for diverticulosis. I was honest I said that despite my wish to support village commerce her bread upset my digestion!  I bought two cakes which fortunately don't cause a problem apart from sugar load!   As it is UK Mother's day tomorrow I need a treat! 

I walked to the river and back.   The village has been awarded three flowers for a floral town and  village award. I can think of better floral towns but I have to admit these bridge troughs were looking pretty. 

In the afternoon i worked at two more hours pruning roses and lavender with weeding in between before the weather changes. To date since Tuesday I've worked in the garden 9 hours.  Two weeks ago I did 16 hours in 2 days deep Spring cleaning of my house, but I can be physically lazy on some days.  It's OK to feel proud when last year and the year before gardening was so difficult I employed the gardener.  Thank goodness I found the osteopath but now she is closed by the government unless URGENT. The level of urgency might be less than for another but nonetheless  important. I must be careful to manage the illiposas , back and legs... the mind too as this is affected by the illopsoas muscle.



A beautiful willow tree has fallen



No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.