Wednesday 25 March 2020

Day 9: Lockdown in France

Wednesday 25th March 2020
DAY 9 of Confinement to 'La Maison'.

The Merits of Gardening

I've been wishing to write about this but of course the merits are well known.
Indeed, I started to write about it,  but, gardening itself has occupied and exhausted, yet energised thinking,  'as if it needs any more',  some of you who know me will say.

I tend to overthink most things.

The excellent weather has enabled work on the land for necessary weeding and clearance of very long grass growing in the wrong place for my intentions.

Yesterday, and today, a bitter cold northerly wind blows through the clear blue sky with the sun trying to warm the ground.

Toil for TODAY was delayed by depression and dalliance and an attempt at an afternoon nap despite 4 + 4.5 hours of very good sleep the night before when only one hour awake in between the sleep modes occurred.

At 5pm I decided I was going to prune roses but in fact I chose to start moving the freevery dry logs I acquired a few weeks ago which have been covered by several layers of plastic.   Circumstances left them there longer than anticipated.   Just after 7pm I had cleared up and beingh sweaty on account of wearing four layers, + a fleece, plus the Dannimac assigned to work clothing, I headed for the bath and to wash my hair, which always makes me feel better!

I'll post pics another time!















No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.