Thursday 19 March 2020

SPRING: Day 3: Lockdown in France


In  honour of DAVID HOCKNEY - a most wondrous artist - I hope he does not mind my admiration. 
https://www.theartnewspaper.com/comment/a-message-from-david-hockney-do-remember-they-can-t-cancel-the-spring
  These are my daffodils on their last days since they bloomed over 4 weeks ago, earlier than last year and lasting longer. 
The Vernal Equinox Springs happened today and I look forward to longer days and warmer weather. Clocks will spring forward next weekend for some reason not this weekend.  The Sun's path aligns with the Earth's equator and illuminates the northern and southern hemispheres of the Earth equally.


Lockdown in France - Day 3: 19 th March 2020
I forced myself to weed the strip of land by the barn wall ... it is not my barn...where wire to keep roses attached the wall  has broken in part. My pruning of previous years has not been good.  I spent about two hours doing this and without gloves encountered nettles forcing me to wear the rubber gloves. The roses also snagged my hair! That evening my shoulders ached. I slept well into Saturday morning, having disturbed sleep as usual!
It now needs to be dug over before I can mulch it with the mowings of the grass!  I would love the broken concrete sections  of the path to be dug up!
BUT currently under part of the sheltered abri I can store the weeds that I don't know how to dispose of because I cant get them into the Kangoo. I can't really travel as it is non essential and the decheterie may be closed!
Maybe if the growing pile of weeds dries out I could burn it but me thinks it is more than likely to start to ferment!!!
I think I may have to strew it on one section of the four quarters  of the potager... never mind the look!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.