Wednesday 18 March 2020

SPRING: DAY 2: Lockdown in France

Daisies White reflect the buckthorn and plum blossom before mowing
Wednesday 18th March 2020: a sunny day. Mowed the lawn. The first cut of the year. It took a while to set up with electric wires and a system to let grass not compact near the blade but not spray me in the face!  I was happy to let the cuttings remain on the ground. I mowed nearer the house at first. Then as far as I could with two of the cables.  The last part needs a 3rd cable so I left the daisies at the end. It took 3.5 hours but in between I moved stuff about the garden and took breaks in between.  This is the first time I have mowed it all in two years.  The gardener was employed.  I had been physically unwell.  I am cautious and careful.  I am slow so as to not overstretch groin muscles which are in repair.   Actually, after scans and x rays saying all was well, I self predcribed myself to a French osteopath who identified the problem as the illopsoas muscle.   Over a year of every 2 . 3 months of treatment there is significant improvement to my whole body and mind.
Now though......the osteopath has cancelled!

I am very proud and pleased that NOW I can sit here,  face the sun, or if inclined I can jog around the garden for exercise.
 I know I may have to cut it twice a week!
I know there is more grass to mow at the other property.
Will the gardener be able to come?  
I am tired but happy so far!





No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.