Friday 4 May 2012

Two hares loping

The rain is thrashing noisily down as I type....... now 21h42 and after 2 minutes it stops!!!!! (the pluviometer recorded 18mm of rain between then and the morning)

Earlier today I wrote:

I have never ever thought of using the expression “drunk with tiredness” but to day was such a day. I'd had only 33cl bottle of beer the previous evening to accompany a quarter of a salmon flan quiche and very simple salad.  So alcohol was not involved. When one lives alone one can do what one likes!!!!

Then later:
After almost 12 hours in bed I awoke at 9am and returned to bed an hour later, awoke after two hours sleep and returned to bed another 2 hours later then awoke at 5h30pm! I felt quite wobbly and drunk..... really weird ..... ashamed at the waste of a day so decided to drag the boots onto my feet, don the plastic lightweight mac and take an umbrella to walk, to split the mind of thought.  It was hard to start but I progressed along the chemins for two and a half hours (10.60km) without seeing a soul….. “just walk” was a message to myself.  I became quite hungry but told myself this was good for the stomach to yearn for food.  I planned the quickie meal I would cook.  I thought about what could happen if I were to ever just get up and walk south!  I need an ultra lightweight tent, an ultra lightweight bedroll and sleeping bag, simple clothing and boots.  Would I be brave enough to camp toute seule in wild France? Camp out means to erect the tent and sleep then to get up and walk.
Hm?
If I were to have stopped for every nightingale I'd heard I would never have got back home...

Two hares loping away before me, their false eyes on ears watch, follow I do not dare..
a broken heart for where I saw majestic deer in love last year, 
now the tiny patch of woodland coppiced almost bare.

Surrounded by fields with yellow scent of mustard oilseed flowers..
strategic passing of puddles where water flowed from low field levels
Spring is the sound of an automatic air gun popping to scare birds from crops.

Partridges and pheasants bustle busily across seemingly barren fields..
two French matted Baudet de Poitou asses exchange greetings across a fence.

Oh so good that it did not rain and cause me to become wet. 
Oh so proud that I can walk such a distance for nigh on 3 hours 
though sometimes not stay awake for such time in my own home!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.