Thursday 10 May 2012

Summer Scents with Springsteen

It was 24 degrees in the twilight tonight as I danced in my kitchen and courtyard to Bruce Springsteen Born to Run and many other wonderful magic songs by he, the man who is such a delight with the E Street Band........ Go to here.
When I walked around the town earlier to descend stone steps and ascend different ones, to stand on the bridge to ponder, then walk under the bridge to be stunned by clematis and roses,  the heavy, heavenly perfume-ladened atmosphere identified near the chateau, clung to me wherever I went and still the scent haunts me but I wear no perfume......the lingering, scent that I have not experienced before in this village is creeping through my open doors.......and the smell of wisteria or jasmine or I don't know what,  pervades and is so wonderful that I do not wish to go to bed........nights like these where I can sit in my courtyard and feel WARMTH through all my skin and bones ..... oh my love......it's when I love France and love Life and Flowers.






No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.