Sunday 27 May 2012

What a wonderful world

It is Sunday. This morning chores of cleaning and clearing prevailed whilst I listened to Radio 4 'Listen Again' and read various news articles in between my walks about the house taking things to their right and proper place!   Evidently, moving STUFF from one place to another is called CHURNING!  I seem to be saving paper and cardboard necessary for lighting the woodburner or fuelling it when it wishes to slumber and I don't!  It's all being moved outside to my LOG DEPARTMENT!

I thought about starting financial paperwork when I decided to pop along to 'La Presse' where I could buy a friend a birthday card and post another friend a postcard. The latter was easy but the 50% discounted cards had disappeared. A few days ago I didn't have sufficient money in the purse.  Follow the canny French and get in quick is their MOTTO. Today, I bought my friend a hanging basket of beautiful purple flowers rather than buying it for myself.

In the mood for relaxation (chillax seems to be the modern word),  I thought I would have a glass of wine to celebrate Pentecost but there appeared to be a party on the back terrasse. When I enquired if it was private, the nice young man said in French "Mais Non,  it's to celebrate the handover of ownership of the shop from sister to brother".  And so I was welcomed.  Here in this pretty village I arrive coincidentally at yet another unforeseen event, where I enjoyed convivial company being introduced to new people.  I enjoyed my wine with unexpected salads, bread and cheese for lunch and then a lovely lady invited me for coffee, where as we sat in her garden we patted her two domesticated chickens!!!!!
I was amazed at her diy skills with renovating a house, which makes me look decidedly feeble!
I walked home down the hill, across the bridge to climb the steps and swan past La Place to chez moi, smilingly, happily, content, witnessing 'un mariage' with barbecue at the Salle de Fetes, and lots of people in their gardens quietly enjoying hot June weather when we are only in May!!!!! Le village est plein!  I have been invited a public event at the next town and am trying to gather courage to get into a hot vehicle....but shall I just stay in the cool for it is almost 5pm?  I went and did not find them!  Lots of people doing what once I would have enjoyed, but the music bored me and I yearned to be back in my courtyard and my lovely village......I wish I had television for I would have liked to have watched le French Grand Prix.   What a Wonderful World!   www!



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are living your life and celebrating the good. Bravo1

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Evidently, moving STUFF from one place to another is called CHURNING!"
    Thank you... I have always wanted a word to describe what seems to be the norm ever since we moved here... we have half a house in boxes in the barn. To find something means to move boxes X & Y to another place... access box Z. Remove item from box Z... no it isn't there... but the list says it is. Go to box AA... move other boxes to get at AA... not in there either. Try the other way... box Y.... now, where did I move box Y to? And so on... ad infinitum.

    Now I need a pint of Adnams... Tally Ho will suffice!!

    PS: I found your blog via my Flickr site... someone was looking for Art n' Lard... so I randomly clicked on your entry in the search and began reading your blog.
    I notice that you were taken by the non-artwork glass blocks near the old Mairie... don't make them like that any more... more's the pity.
    And, if you don't mind long[ish] drives, the Petit Theatre des Balcons in Ferriere-Larcon is often well worth the drive for the music on offer.

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to hear what you think.