Friday 18 May 2012

Cloud Cuckoo Land


A friend says that I live in Cloud Cuckoo Land with a fanciful imagination and unsatisfied desires. This is true.  There are so many things I would like to do in life but feel held back by fears or lack of funds, courage, time, skills and talents!   Maybe this is the same for everyone?
Although I know what the phrase means I thought I would turn to my great educator, the world wide web, and so Wiki says:
The reference comes from The Birds, a play by Aristophanes in which Tereus helps Pisthetairos ("Mr. Trusting") and Euelpides ("Mr. Hopeful") erect a perfect city in the clouds, to be named Cloud Cuckoo Land.    That is just so fascinating.  I have improved the poem for the friend:

Cloud Cuckoo Land perfection is grand.

Hinting that I may, be unaware or fey,
Deranged and marginised, naive on every side.

Ever an optimist, it's true, happy is better than the horrid blues,
Living needs a hint of hope,  than to go to bed and mope! 

Life is lovely in a daisy dream world, more fun than being an unhappy bunny girl
When reality brings me to earth with a fall, Lovelier to have dreamed than not dreamed at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.