Saturday 5 May 2012

Oh quelle bonne surprise!

Today was a day when I determined to clear the kitchen and buanderie (laundry-cum-larder room) after the long day of work and shopping on Thursday and the disarray caused with bags of shopping strewn across the kitchen plus the lunch debris etcetera!  I was too exhausted at 9pm to clear it and yesterday... well, what can I say other than what I have said..... I could not DO, I could not TAKE ACTION.  However, today it all got done... and then tired after a pasta, fish and cheese lunch,  I slept for an hour and was so cold I could hardly wake up at 2pm, but I did, lit the fire and started to look at tax forms which need to be returned this month... and always there are changes and I need to get it right to avoid the CSG.  I'm convinced that I should be exonerated from these but last year I had to pay 300 euros! (Postscript: I was re-imbursed 300 euros in June!) Evidently France does not repay for past arrears!!!! (Who said that?)  Plus, I seem to have a backlog of problems with UK and France tax departments since becoming a pensioner, however, it is partly my fault for putting it on the backburner and so now I must address the issues!!!!! More work to accomplish! However, mostly it is UK fault for not knowing that I had a State Pension!!!!! How can Big Brother not know for over 18 months!!!!!!
At a certain time in the day I promised myself a walk to the tourist office and beyond, to find out what is on tomorrow but before I reached my destination there was a marquee... oh,  the new art gallery is having an official opening.  Then I met someone who I had not seen since December so we chatted and dallied, then other acquaintances arrived and invited me to the opening!!! Almost two hours were spent looking at wonderful paintings full of light, speaking to people I knew and some that I did not know.  Although I forgot to look in the window of the Tourist office, I did go for my intended walk... down the stone paved slope towards the river and here was another welcome surprise....... the vocal call of the reinette frogs.... Summer has truly arrived.  On Thursday I heard the first grasshoppers. Lizards are abundant as well as ants!!!!! Despite the rain or because of the rain it is warmer but not so warm as to be without heat in the house! Often stone houses are cooler indoors when warmer temperatures are outside.  Nevertheless,  it was good to spend time with some discussion with people in a village that has many surprises if one's path coincides with what happens in the heart of the village.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.