Sunday 28 September 2014

Getting tidy!

This week must be spent on getting tidy.
I have spent two days on and off working through apparently useless but useful junk in the atelier workshop.
I do not like house renovation.  I sometimes think I could move to a clean modernist home ... but I suspect that if I lived in a sterile environment I would make a mess and be extremely unhappy.  I sort of did it once. It was so easy to maintain! I had to have a place for my belongings!

The atelier is really a bodged lean-to and is half exposed to the elements.  It is fairly dry apart from the concrete floor above a water 'cisterne' collecting rainwater from guttering. I now realise it must have an overflow pipe, but where is it?  I need a laser torch, courage and assistance to put my head down the hole and see what is there.  The water level never seems to rise above about 2 metres deep despite the deluge of rain we get!   I have no idea what the cubic metre is! 
The concrete floor is beginning to break up particularly over what seems to be the metal bars of the cisterne. The concrete floor is damp! I would have taken the whole structure down but it is a dry though humid storage area for bikes and mower etc.  The roof is corrugated asbestos... leave well alone as it will be costly to remove.   No plans yet, although if I could afford it, which I can't, it would make a great kitchen diner!
An unused leftover quantity of oak flooring is stored plus 'useful wood' to one who was replacing single glazed windows with double glazed units, plus garden equipment and central heating radiators. The latter could now be replaced on the walls, even though I don't intend to connect with the oil fired central-heating system installed in the property. I know it works!

Some stuff was thrown out,  some assigned to car boot stuff stored in attic. 
The rest got tidied. It feels better! It wasn't a nice job!
The sun is shining on Sunday Sunday ... I am missing friends and company.
I have a frustrating dilemma as my son appears to be ignoring me. I wished to see him again to try and smooth the waters! 
Thank goodness my daughter seems to have forgiven me and although she can't afford to come here at half term we are on speaking and email terms again!
Onwards! Now the attic, AGAIN!!! The aim is to move the boxes so I can see the floor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.