Monday 29 September 2014

Les Araignées

I have two rooms that are used infrequently. There are closed shutters on closed doors until I open them to let in fresh air.  It is quite strange not to have windows as in England that can be opened.
I vacuumed three weeks ago.  After my holiday, busy elsewhere in the house, I didn't make up the beds until today.  I presumed the rooms were reasonably clean.  I'd looked two weeks and a week ago but had not seen SPIDERS.
When I vacuumed today there were so many, it was embarrassing! Anyone would think I am slovenly which is not completely true, however it is true that I find it increasingly harder to keep control of tidiness! I get involved in other things!
Some spiders, were discernibly black and others were not visible until up close. Webs too!  I was horrified, as I do my best to keep the house spider free! After a little while I returned to vacuum again as others had appeared! Where do they come from?
It is annoying that a musty smell must come from stone walls behind the plasterboard walls. I don't like it and haven't been able to eradicate it. The fabric of the rooms is definitely not damp but maybe I will re-instal the portable humidifier as I have some Workawayers arriving late October and that is where the young girls will be guests for a week.  The woodburner in that part of the house will be lit, so I will have to keep an eye on it in their 'apartment' as I wish to protect the oak floorboards!
And ... after all that ... I persuaded myself to get back into the saddle for an hour long circuitous ride. I will need to do some training in situ if I am ever  going to achieve a dream of cycling the Loire Valley and if poss ... into the East!!!!!! Camping along the way on a very low budget!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.