Wednesday 17 September 2014

Ré-island

An island for a morning stroll along sand, where two hours pass unbelievably quickly as a half hour. Tide goes out.  Mesmerised by morning colour, light, pattern, form, people, events, she wandered along the sands dreaming blissful thoughts.
An island for a fashion shoot, where a woman moves this way, that way, as her ego is stroked by others who ré-position her clothes,  ré-preen her hair for the man who shoots the shots! People paid to perform! Narcissism!
BUT, She ré-turns for breakfast! She ré-turns to her inner isle to cycle! It's all Her réverie!
Wistfully, reluctantly, she departs this île, this last image first viewed 27 months ago. It is a memory.

2 comments:

  1. I love the wet sand pictures...
    the last three, equal sized ones, would make a good tryptic...
    vertical as here...
    or horizontal.

    The last shot reminds me of early visits to Minsmere and Dunwich...
    before the dunes got washed away.
    The only view like this I know, now, is at Holkham

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is this that I love.... that I have found a strong reminder of my family home and a place where I would prefer to live... a shack or artists studio slightly inland from the beach at Southwold, Walberswick, Minsmere, Dunwich would do me fine!!!!!!!!! Failing that Ile de Re!

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to hear what you think.