Tuesday 30 September 2014

I love food challenges!

It's been more than 15 days since I returned from 'the two isle' vacation.
I am determined that for the next three to four days I shall not shop for food! 
So that will make 20 days of no shopping for food.   What a challenge!
I have consumed all of the fish bought on Ile de Re, (plaice today, sole tomorrow) Leclerc French lamb on promotion, Magnum ice-creams also on offer at Intermarche, home-made savoury bread, shop wholemeal bread, plus other leftovers including CCC cakes stored in the freezer.
I've eaten all the fruit and vegetables bought on the Ile de Re, plus, from my garden I have eaten butternut squash, the last of the limp lettuce, yellow raspberries, courgettes and potatoes, as well as vegetables left in the fridge since August guest food shopping!
I've tried to minimalise alcohol even though and I keep a stash of wine. Just white remains!
I've been supplied with croissants and treated to an amazingly fantastic meal out,  shared lunch with friends, etc.
There are fresh apples, onions, shallots, garlic, potatoes to use up plus canned, jarred, dried store-cupboard ingredients including milk stored in the cold room, as well as meat, fish, pastry, in the freezer, a little cheese and miscellaneous items such as butter, mayonnaise, Pimms, Martini, Ikea herring, anchovies, olives in the fridge. Plus a stash of vintage marmalade and other jams made this summer. It is almost obscene how much food is in this house!
Eggs have run out!
Green veg has run out! 
Those last two are vital to healthy survival but I will manage without until Saturday!
The purse has recovered a little from 'in the red' for many months!
Feeding Workawayers to a high standard meant a lot of food was bought!  The next ones are veggies and I am determined to eat almost vegan for a week...another food challenge... I have done that before.
In the past three weeks. I haven't starved.  I haven't suffered.
How abundant is The Good Life! 
I still need to reduce what I eat but it's a fine balance to keep protein and energy levels high!

1 comment:

  1. Well done!
    Whilst we can't compete with your list we have done far less shopping in the past month, using up the extra stocks bought in when we had visitors. I did do some salad shopping today... ;o)

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to hear what you think.