Friday 23 January 2015

Isère, France

A drive to Tours, a deviation, a cage in a field, a photo, a posting, plus correspondence has brought me to a second comment about that Cage - a recent posting.
One friend from the blogging world made a comment to confirm my thinking.
Another friend, who has no blog, sent me a link to a photo which I am not permitted to reproduce. Look at how maize is/was stored in the South of France.
http://samisarkis.photoshelter.com/image/I0000XTHV6J0I3Ho
I love the stark colours in the photograph.

Then I started to research the 'departement' and river named Isère. You too can do that. 
 It is a Gallo-Romain 'departement' , part of the Rhone-Alpes region and I have probably driven through in severe snowy weather to Haut-Savoie.  It is one of the original 83 departements organised during the French Revolution, but over the years has been reduced in size. 
Please note that France is on another re-organisation which many people are unhappy about.  It seems nonsensical to amalgamate and change regions all in the name of progress.  
I so much wish to travel all over France... nay... all over Europe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.