Wednesday 7 January 2015

Really proud!

 

One posting leads to another!
I'm sure I am wearing those same boots about 16 years ago.
I LOVE THIS PHOTO!
I am clutching a stick used as an arm extension and support and in the other hand probably a sprig of thyme for the cooking pot as we were camping! 
I think even that stone had been used to carry my weight!
I still own the clothing, the top has faded and the shorts are a bit tight!
I had just climbed up and crawled down a dead volcanic 'mountain' in the Auvergne region. 
It had been a major achievement whilst I was recuperating from fibromyalgia. 
My dear friend had patiently re-trained me, as he said he would, to walk again.  I owe him much!  
I know this is a favourite pic of his... and I know he covets it... 
In June 2011 ( ah.. a first anniversary gift of our separation whish I did not wish for)
he sent me a copy which he had taken with his Nickon digital camera.
I don't know why he send it. Maybe it reminded him, like me, of fond times.
I am sure I had a framed version of this but I didn't find it when I sorted photos in the Autumn!
I know I have the original print which was taken with my Canon analogue camera bought so that I could take it to Sri Lanka, the only long distance haul I have ever made. 
It was point and shoot and I bought long lenses for it. I still have it and wondered about taking it out from the attic and re-mastering it! Film of course! 
I am becoming wistful that I would like to travel. I thought I didn't wish to go to S.E. Asia but now I have seen photos of Luang Prabang and the Mekon River I must say that I am slightly jealous of my former partner travelling on a boot string currently in Laos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.